We all love inspirational travel quotes and sometimes a few words can contain a lot of wisdom. Combine them with an Instagram worthy image and you’re all set for social media success! …or at least a few extra likes and shares!
I’m a big fan of travel related blogs, social media accounts and websites and I’m getting a bit fed up with one thing: certain cliché and overused travel quotes!
It’s true that most of them are indeed wise, inspirational, witty and well worded! I’m sure they’ve motivated a lot of people to leave their inhibitions behind and explore more of this world. But can we all agree to stop using them over and over again for the next couple of years or so, before they lose all their meaning?
Here are the 10 most overly used travel quotes of the last few years:
1. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list”
Good on you! You’ll never live long enough to go there anyway!
2. “I’m in need of vitamin sea”
Did you consult with your doctor before making this decision? Because something’s telling me you might be in bigger need of a spell checker…
3. “The world is a book & those who do not travel read only one page”
Well, if you’re never gonna finish a book (you’re never gonna see the whole world, are you?), what’s the difference between reading one page or ten?
4. “It’s not the number of breaths we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away”
5. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”
I can think of a few people whose bank accounts are empty because of travelling! I wonder what they have to say about this when they start making fire out of travel guides to keep themselves warm at night!
6. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”
And so does the journey to the toilet! 🙄
7. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us”
In case you were not too sure why you travel, there you have it!
No no! You’re not escaping life, silly!
8. “Not all those who wander are lost”
Not all those who fly are birds and other fast food philosophies!
9. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport”
Well, most passports I’ve seen contain badly printed and incomprehensible stamps, so I can’t think of anyone who would enjoy reading them!
Unless you love reading doctors’ prescriptions and their handwriting! Who am I to judge you…
*You Only Live Once!
The overusing of this expression lately is annoying by itself! Let alone the people who normally use it, so as to defend their stupid, impulsive and supposedly daring actions!
At least, if you’re a pussy, YLNT (You Live Nine Times)!
Please, share with me all those travel quotes you’re fed up of coming across on the internet and use the Comments section below to take it all out of your system!